I have a few camera bags is an understatement I think, but that probably counts for all of us photographers.
Many of the camera bags I’ve had or still own turned out not to be very practical, but in the last two years I have found some very good bags and this time they didn’t end up in the heap but are really used.
The Caden F1 is certainly one of them, a light but large camera bag.
But today I want to talk about the bag that I love and use the most: the “Berchirly Vintage Handbag Men Shoulder Bag Camera Waterproof Canvas Bag Retro SLR Camera Bag Canvas Male Shoulder Photographic Video Bag” – sorry 🙂 this is the description on the seller’s website, unfortunately I can’t find a name, type or number. I found it by chance on Aliexpress under the “Berchirly store” camera bags. I also found it on Ebay and Amazon – ditto without a name. One thing is unmistakable, both in size (although this one is slightly larger, which is good) and design it is very similar not to say almost identical to the “ONA The Bowery” Camera Bag, so I call it “The Bowery Berchirly”.
- outside dimensions (real) : length = 30cm, width = 12/13cm, height = 23cm
- inside dimensions (real) : length = 27cm , width = 10/11cm , height = 20/22cm
- wax waterproofed canvas with cow leather details
- a fixed but soft padded polyester lining with two velcro adjustable dividers
- a large pocket at the back with snap closure – fits a 8″ lenovo Tab 4 tablet
- two smaller pockets on the front without closure
- the main (and only) closure is a cow leather adjustable strap with magnetic button
- fixed adjustable carrying belt with padded cow leather shoulder piece
- Maximum load used by me: one Pentax K3 Dslr with Sigma 17 / 55mm f2.8 attached, and a Pentax WR 18 / 135mm f3.5-5.6 and Pentax WR 55 / 300mm f4-5.8 lens
- the cost of this bag (may vary): US $ 35.37 – £ 27.87 – € 30.68 – in my case shipping was included!
What I like about this bag : it’s a lightweight bag, has a very fine cotton strap, adjustable and equipped with a padded canvas / leather shoulder pad. The bag has a retro, somewhat military WWII look, so it does not stand out as a photo bag.
The canvas is thick enough to make it strong against impact.
It’s wax coated to resist water, so you shouldn’t be afraid of a rain shower.
I like messenger type bags because you can easily move them to the front, sideways or to your back, so they are always very accessible and never in the way. The dimensions are also perfect, the bag doesn’t seem that big on sight, but it actually holds a lot, for example: my Pentax K3 DSLR with Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 mounted, and two other Pentax lenses: the DA WR 18- 135mm f3.5-5.6 and the DA WR 55-300mm f4.0-5.8, three sturdy lenses that give you a wide range for almost any assignment. On top of that, I even manage to add a Fujifilm X100.
Take this bag with mirrorless cameras, and you can imagine what you can take with you.
A compact, tough and water resistant messenger type bag.
Just slightly larger than the real ONA The Bowery, so you can really take a lot with you, without the bag becoming too heavy.
Also perfect for a day trip, a small bottle of water, some sandwiches, a wallet, phone and some small stuff, and you’re off to your next adventure!
Below a short video of the bag. Attention, this video has a soundtrack, reduce your sound level because it may be loud. Please activate the subtitles of the video : click on the keyboard icon – Music : Hovering Thoughts
When ordering in China, keep in mind that you may be charged customs tax on delivery.
To be clear, I have no advantage in any way whatsoever by mentioning the above store names or brands. I just recommend this product because I use it myself and I am very satisfied with it.
Thanks for reading !